The Power of Preventive Dentistry Treatments
Whether it is a routine dental cleaning and exam, oral cancer screening, or gum disease treatment, Dr. Donald Tucker offers a comprehensive range of preventive dentistry treatments at his practice in Williamsville, NY. Preventive measures can help detect problems in their early stages and save you money on costly future treatments. Our experienced dental hygienist has been working with Dr. Tucker for many years, providing quality treatment and ensuring patient satisfaction. Our team emphasizes patient education and communication and will keep you fully informed about your dental health and recommended treatments.
Why Is Preventive Dentistry Necessary?
Preventive dentistry emphasizes the long-term health of your gums and teeth, helping to avoid common problems such as periodontal (gum) disease, cavities, and infection. Often a simple or minor problem, such as a small cavity, can worsen if not properly taken care of. Partnering with a dedicated team of dental professionals who are committed to helping you maintain optimal oral health can make a big difference.
Preventive Dentistry Treatments
- Periodontal Scaling and Root Planing: During this deep cleaning treatment, plaque and bacterial build-up are removed from your gums and tooth roots, treating periodontal problems and gum disease in the early stages.
- Dental Exams and Cleanings: During your regular cleaning, usually every six months, we will remove plaque and tartar from your teeth and examine your mouth, teeth, and gums for any problems or changes.
- Digital X-rays: Our NOMAD Pro handheld digital imaging system, intraoral cameras, and digital panoramic imaging system produce less radiation and make x-rays faster and more convenient.
- Fluoride Treatment: Fluoride is essential in slowing and reversing the damage that acids and sugar have on tooth enamel. It is especially important for children under the age of six whose permanent teeth have not yet erupted.
- Home Care: We sell electric toothbrushes and everything you need to maintain a thorough hygiene regimen at home, including toothpaste, toothbrushes, and floss. We also provide full instructions and demonstrate how to properly clean your teeth at home.
- Oral Cancer Screening: This important screening includes a visual examination of the mouth, lips, throat, and jaw to determine whether there are early signs of oral cancer.
Our office strives to educate our patients and ensure you understand all elements of your oral health and hygiene. During your appointment, we can stain your plaque with a dye that will appear on digital images, allowing you to see exactly where plaque has built-up on your teeth. Our practice also offers free teeth whitening for our regular patients.
Prevention Is the Key to a Healthy Smile
Keeping up to date with regular check-ups, cleanings, and dental care is crucial in preserving and improving your oral health. To learn more or to schedule an appointment, contact our dental practice today.